Travers Fellow for Wildlife Conservation, Wildlife Conservation Research Unit
Research Fellow, Lady Margaret Hall
I am a conservation biologist dedicated to the conservation of threatened species, mitigation of people-wildlife conflict, impacts of disease, protected areas management, transfrontier conservation and the role of networks in conservation. I maintain an interest in the behavioural ecology of carnivores, particularly the biology and conservation of wild canids, focus of my early research.
I am responsible for WildCRU’s portfolio of overseas projects, and since 2004 Chair of the IUCN Canid Specialist Group. For further details go to http://www.wildcru.org/members/member-detail/?member_id=24
- Haydon, D.T., Randall, D.A., Matthews, L., Knobel, D.L., Tallents, L.A., Gravenor, M.B., Williams, S.D., Pollinger, J.P., Cleaveland, S., Woolhouse, M.E.J., Sillero-Zubiri, C., Marino, J., Macdonald, D.W. and Laurenson, M.K. 2006. Low-coverage vaccination strategies for the conservation of endangered species. Nature 443:692-695.
- Marino, J., Sillero-Zubiri, C. and Macdonald, D.W. 2006. Trends, dynamics and resilience of an Ethiopian wolf population. Animal Conservation 9:49-58.
- Randall, D.A., S.D. Williams, I.V. Kuzmin, C.E. Rupprecht; L.A. Tallents, Z. Tefera, K. Argaw, F. Shiferaw, D.L. Knobel, C. Sillero-Zubiri, and M.K. Laurenson. 2004. Rabies in endangered Ethiopian wolves. Emerging Infectious Diseases 10:2214-2217.
- Sillero-Zubiri, C., M. Hoffmann, and D.W. Macdonald (Eds.). 2004. Canids: foxes, wolves, jackals and dogs: status survey and conservation action plan, second edition. IUCN Canid Specialist Group, Gland, Switzerland and Cambridge, UK.
- Macdonald, D.W., and C. Sillero-Zubiri (Eds.). 2004. The biology and conservation of wild canids. Oxford University Press, Oxford.